At Lutheran World Relief, they tackle global poverty by helping people adapt to the challenges that threaten their livelihoods and well-being. They work with people based on need, regardless of race, religion or nationality and they do not evangelize. They provide aid in emergencies and help families restore their lives. Lutheran Personal Care Kits give families around the world some of life’s essentials. From chronic poverty and conflict to drought and typhoon, the intensity of humanitarian needs continues to increase. The gifts you give through these projects are an immeasurable blessing to families around the world.
INCLUDE IN EACH PERSONAL CARE KIT COLLECTED THROUGH OCTOBER 13TH:
1. ONE light-weight bath-size towel (between 20” x 40” and 52” x 27”), dark color recommended
2. TWO or three bath-size bars of soap equaling 8 to 9 oz., any brand, in original wrapping
3. ONE adult-size toothbrush in its original packaging*
4. ONE sturdy comb, remove packaging
5. ONE metal nail clippers (attached file optional), remove packaging
Please join us for the 2019 CROP Hunger Walk, Sunday, October 13. Registration is at 1:00 pm. Walk begins at 1:30 pm. This year’s walk will be held at Fishing Creek Salem United Methodist Church. Not able to walk? You can sponsor a walker. 25% of funds raised go directly to Red Land Food Ministries. Walkers will be at the table in the narthex September 29 and October 6 to collect donations. See Patti Gelbaugh with any questions.